Monday, January 28, 2013

Welcome to 2013



Welcome to 2013, Yes I am well aware that a full month of the new year as almost slipped by. That pretty much sums up how 2013 is going to go. 2013 says " Faythe, get your running shoes on because this is going to be a race to the finish".

I sit here this morning with a cup of liquid crack aka coffee withe Hazelnut IE and reflect on my New Years resolution. Oh, I see you shaking your head! Here goes another one of those self improvement speechless about weight loss and goals. Many of my friends on face book posted that they weren't setting a resolution for the New Year because they never keep it and well it sets you up for failure. I believe that's a COP OUT! for not setting yourself up for success. I'm a single mother, what if I constantly never set goals for my children, never set expectations or goals for them because I didn't want them to fail?

You only fail if you quit! We are all human and heck you might fall off the horse a few times. You might binge on that chocolate delicate gouache or those chicken enchiladas but you only fail if you quit the whole year.

So my WELCOME TO 2013 SPEECH is, even though its a month in, set yourself up for SUCCESS this year. If it's your body, mind, spirit, or finances make a plan and if you fall of track, dust your a** off and start again!


My personal resolution this year was attitude, attitude in my personal and professional life. Speaking positive affirmations into my life and my children's on a daily basis. Oh I would like to shed a few extra pounds that aren't considered " baby weight" since my youngest is two but this year I decided to pick ONE resolution to change my life.



I'd like to share this saying with you

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on my life.  

Attitude, to me is more important that the past, than education, than money, than circumstance, than failures, than successes, than what other people thing or say or do. 

It is more important than appearances, giftness, or skill. It will make or break a company, a church, or YOUR HOME!

The remarkable and undeniable things is we have a choice every single day regarding the attitude we will embrace for the whole day. We cannot change our past, cannot change the fact that people will act a certain way toward us. We cannot change the inevitable.

The only things we can do is take our own lives by the wheel, the only thing we have control over, and that is our attitude.


I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you..........


No comments:

Post a Comment